Hacked my "shift" key is stuck and it"s not even on the keyboard
The sequence of keystrokes can be either a single key or a single key combined with Shift, Ctrl, or Alt. The issue of Shift key not working is just one of the many problems that users have been facing with their keyboards, and through this article, we would try and tackle each of these issues. The majority of the time, you don't get to choose who works for you. Uninstall Windows Admin Center; Delete the Server Management Experience folder under C: \Windows\ServiceProfiles\NetworkService\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft; Reinstall Windows Admin Center; If you leave the tool open and idle for a long period of time, you may get several Error: The runspace state is not valid for this operation errors.
Solved: Find Windows 10 License key for new laptop
If you forgot the administrator password you can easily reset the There are many ways to access a Windows installation if you forgot the administrator password. Step 3: Use the arrows at the bottom and timeline on the left to browse the backups. If you click on restart, the computer goes all the way back to complete startup before it reboots. Shut down the computer. How do I select more than one record? Shortcut key(s) Object Manager: Shift + Fl: Materials Manager: Shift + F2: Timeline: Shift + F3: Layer Manager: Shift + F4: Attributes Manager: Shift + F5: Picture Viewer: Shift + F6: Coordinates Manager: Shift + F7: Content Browser Shift + F8: Structure Manager Shift + F9: Script Manager Shift + F11: Customize Commands Manager Shift + F12. If you want to Shift + right-click a background to open the location using Command Prompt, you need to follow these extra steps: Use the Windows key + R keyboard shortcut to open the Run command.
Registration key how to Fix Unable to Access Apps & Features Setting Issue
Recover Up to 1000+ File Formats. We offer free and inexpensive, high speed, unrestricted application VPN Services. Remo Software brings to you various software tools on Windows and Mac platforms with which you can recover data, repair corrupted files, erase data securely, manage and optimize data on various storage devices like hard drives, external USB drives, memory cards, flash cards, SD cards, Micro SD cards, SSD drives, digital cameras, camcorders, ipod, smart mobile phones. Videostudio pro x4 full crack. The restore point can even help you to restore Windows to an earlier date. I have literally documented it with screen shots step by step and it installs perfectly and works fine, then I do a reboot and it still works fine but then another reboot and it is gone. If this occurs, refresh your browser.
|1||Cinema 4D Shortcut Keys||93%|
|2||Add Notes feature removed in new Edge browser?||28%|
|3||Fix: UEFI Firmware Settings Missing in Windows 10||51%|
|4||How to Fix the Logitech Gaming Software not Opening on||77%|
|5||How To Fix a Key that Types the Wrong Sign||37%|
|6||Bluetooth disappered from device manager with "Unknown USB||97%|
Activity code borderlands 2 Skidrow Not Working
Right-click on it and choose Uninstall device. Open the Task Manager using either Ctrl+Alt+Del or Ctrl+Shift+Esc. Do not mess with the imaging sensor driver under imaging devices, if you let that one install by itself or tell it to look for an update you will get the wrong driver. Some added toolbar and anti-virus add-ons are known to cause Firefox issues. It appears that Bluetooth has gone missing from my device. In computing, a mouse cursor or a pointer is a symbol or graphical image on the computer monitor or other display device that reflects movements of the pointing device, commonly a mouse or a touchpad, as part of a personal computer windows, icons, menus and pointer style of interaction. Safe Mode can be described as diagnostic mode that makes it easy to fix most problems on your Computer.
Komodo IDE Crack + License Keys 2020 [Latest] – #QaisSaeed.Com
Coordinate values are displayed in the Tracker, which follows your mouse movements and is available in any editable window type. Users have been repeatedly complaining about the issue with Shift keys. The Shift key has been a modifier from the days of the typewriter (the 19th century ). A modifier key Ctrl + Shift + Esc: Open the Task Manager. Shift key gone missing manager. To restore the missing viewport, do the following: In the Layer Properties Manager, make sure the layer that contains the viewport geometry is not turned off or frozen. In computing, a desktop (or a desktop environment) is an implementation of the desktop metaphor, a system unit made of a bundle of programs running above a computer operating system, which share a common GUI (Graphical User Interface), sometimes described as a graphical shell. FREEWARE No hidden fee, 100% free unlimited data recovery software download for Windows 10 8 7 to recover deleted files from internal external hard drive usb flash drive memory sd card cellphone camera and there is no trick in the free recovery which is totally free for file recovery as free data recovery software.
Key generator photoshop CC 2020: Clean install on windows missing all
Pes 10 patch 2020 nissan https://translate-centre.ru/forum/?download=968. Counter strike nexon zombies hack. Key of awesome kesha. Missing bios nor gives the option during reboot to go to bios. Navigate to the Sound Effects tab. Attach an element to a box. If you are having problems with UEFI bootloader and fail to boot your Windows 10/8/7 system, follow the useful solutions to fix UEFI boot on Windows 10.
FAQ: Windows 10 Chinese features are missing or broken
I've settled on XFCE as my desktop environment for Debian 10. As such, I cleaned off KDE and GNOME, using autoremove and purge. Keeping that frustration in mind, I am going to try in order to fix this issue. Some Windows users reported that their Realtek HD Audio Manager icon is missing from the taskbar and they can't access the sound control. Steinberg usb elicenser crack go to this web-site. Harvest moon nds of mineral town hack. I've recently re-installed my windows 10 machine and installed photoshop 2020 cc on my computer, however, it occurs to me that none of the shortcut keys works, with further investigation, there's n. Task Manager is an advanced tool that comes with Windows 10 and it was first shipped with Windows NT.
- 100 common Windows 10 problems and how to solve them
- 5 Small Problems Way More Frustrating Than ...
- How to Fix No Sound Issue After Windows 10 Update 2020 (1903)
- Windows 10 missing a registry key? - Microsoft Community
- How to fix your Windows 10 Start Menu
- All keyboard shortcut keys - Second Life Wiki
Hack microsoft releases Windows 10 preview patch to fix black
It will then restart the Manager and you should fix the minimize, maximize, and close buttons missing issues on your Windows PC. If not, refer to the next method. Photo of what Blockbuster execs are watching right now. Internet like idm serial number click here to find out more. Desktop Is Missing On Windows 10. How To Easily Fix It? Hold down shift key open startmenu click power buttion press restart holding shift. Pro evolution soccer pesedit 2020 patch 1.0. Search for Keyboard driver and expand it. c) Right click on the Keyboard driver and select Uninstall.
- Cant find create new folder, gone missing.
- How to Fix the Most Annoying Things in Windows 10
- SOLVED: Why are my menu buttons (home, search, back
- How to Change Audio Pitch in Windows PC with Realtek HD Audio
- Task Manager Menu Bar and Tabs Are Not Visible
- Why is Control Alt Delete function gone from Windows 10
I went through 700 reddit comments and collected 131 ADHD pro-tips!
I thought it was a great change from most advice on the internet which is written by non-ADHD'ers (and it's painfully obvious that it is).
I read through the 700+ comments and paraphrased, merged and categorised all the tips.
The 131 tips are split into the following categories:
- Time Blindness
- Getting Things Done
- Emotional Dysregulation
- Executive Function
- Pack things the day before so you don’t forget ~ (u/digi-cow)
- Don’t drink alcohol. Causes brain fog and it can negatively interact with medications. Alcohol can even cause ADHD-like symptoms in non-ADHD people ~ (u/HiTechTek, u/beatadhd)
- Do Cardio before you need to do stuff that requires sitting. It helps you focus. ~ (u/robertaloblaw, u/beatadhd)
- Use text-to-speech generators to help you read webpages/books ~ (u/elliptical_orbit)
- Keep things at eye level (Especially notes/todo lists) ~ (u/asmugone)
- Be stupidly early to places just in case you forget something ~ (u/asmugone)
- Stretch once in awhile. ~ (u/theweirdo_nextdoor)
- Take a deep breath. ~ (u/theweirdo_nextdoor)
- Take a cold shower in the morning or turn it cold just for 30-60 seconds at the end of your shower. Wakes you up, gets your blood flowing and gets you out of the shower. ~ (u/Juan_Creamsicle, u/beatadhd)
- Get a therapist if you can. ~ (u/fineandnormal)
- If you aren’t diagnosed: Actually get a diagnosis and a therapeutic programme that works for you. Don’t spend more time wondering - you’ll still feel like an imposter afterwards, don’t worry… ~ (u/Little_Blue_Shed)
- Most important for me has been telling myself all I need to do is floss. Usually you'll end up chaining the rest of your night routine tasks like brushing onto that. ~ (u/amazona_auropalliata)
- Buy a whiteboard to sketch out things when your mind starts going into overdrive. ~ (u/bkmilli)
🌟 My Favourite: Enjoy the journey more than the destination, don’t be in a hurry to finish something you are doing, but always at least do something small everyday. Life is not a race, rather, it is an accumulation of smaller improvements to oneself. ~ (u/ksettle)
People are in such a rush these days… You can’t expect to become a superhuman overnight. Focus on sustainability first and enjoy the journey.
- Have a designated spot for every single item (Put it in the same place every time) ~ (u/BrownShoeJenny)
- Have a “misc” basket in each room. If you’re truly unable to put something away, put it in the basket. Have a designated period of time, once a week, when your sole priority is to put everything away, all at once. ~ (u/lexid22)
- Whenever you lose something that you “put away,” start keeping it in the first place you looked for it. ~ (u/FullDisclosureDaemon)
- In order to not get overwhelmed when cleaning, remember there are only 5 things you need to tackle: Trash, Laundry, Dishes, Putting things back that have a place, Put things in a pile that don’t have a place. ~ (u/mmc09)
- If you’re moving from one room to another, take the item with you that needs to go to the other room. It’s already on your way and it’s one less thing cluttering your room. ~ (u/SweetTeaBags)
- If you can afford it: Get a cleaning person; It takes them 3 hours to do what you can do in 3 weeks. While they are there, use them as an accountability buddy and sort out your misc tasks like paying bills. ~ (u/swarleyknope)
- Embrace chaos. Let your brain get distracted when you’re cleaning. Cleaning dishes and stop spare trash? It’s fine go clean that and then get back to the dishes ~ (u/DobbythehouseElff)
- Have a dedicated playlist for cleaning. High tempo songs help keep you moving. ~ (u/DobbythehouseElff)
- Do chores before you go to bed. No matter what your routine is, you have to go to bed at some point. You can “habit-chain” cleaning into going to bed. ~ (u/bkmilli)
🌟 My Favourite: Listen to podcasts/audiobooks when doing chores. My excitement to listen to a new episode of my favorite podcast motivates me to do boring stuff like dishes or laundry. (I personally listen to podcasts) ~ (u/dani-tp)
Cleaning became so easy once I started using a “side” to stimulate my brain. I’m mostly watching TV shows when I clean right now (this also works for cooking!) .
- Having a tablet like an iPad Pro is helpful for keeping colorful notes. Avoids issues losing notebooks ~ (u/zombiessalad)
- Park in the same place every time when you go to a common place. You won’t forget where you park that way ~ (u/gibbousboi)
- Keep a spare house key in your car and one outside your house. ~ (u/GoodGuyVik)
- Keep important items in visible and convenient locations. e.g: Take pills when you eat? Keep your bottle beside your table where you eat. ~ (u/girlabout2fallasleep)
- Get a Tile. Bluetooth GPS trackers that are a game changer for ADHD people that lose keys/wallets. ~ (u/fizzzzzpop)
- Tape your most often made recipes to the inside of your kitchen cabinet doors. ~ (Unknown)
- Three point check when you close the front door: Phone, wallet, keys ~ (u/cowboyhugbees)
- Use voice assistants. “Remind me to do X tomorrow at Y time” ~ (u/theviciousfish)
- Use the mind palace memory exercise to help solve retention issues. ~ (u/asmugone)
- Keep forgetting your lunch? Put your keys on it. That way you can’t leave without your lunch ~ (u/Therealdickbut, u/Maktube, u/mismanager)
- If you need to remember to bring something with you the next day, place it right in front of the exit door so you HAVE to touch it before you leave the house. If it’s something in the fridge, put a sticky note on the exit door’s handle. ~ (u/lexid22)
- Buy multiple items that you use often. Setup multiple chargers at work/home (so you have a spare if you lose one). e.g. buy 10 different lip balms so you can always find it when you need it. ~ (u/redbananass)
- Have convenient, labeled spaces for things. It’s hard to forget your phone when you ALWAYS put it beside your charger. (Use a cheap labelmaker!) ~ (u/TotallyLegitEstoc, u/nathanb131)
- Get a tracking tool like Tile and put it on things you lose regularly. (Keys/Wallet) ~ (u/3GrilledJalapenos)
- Have rules for placement of the important things in your life. (it’s too hard to do it for everything) ~ (u/nathanb131)
- Create a second brain for yourself - in whatever way is most appealing to you. (I personally use Notion) ~ (u/significanttoday)
- If you want to remember something, put an object out-of-place whilst thinking about what you want to remember. ~ (u/VectorGambiteer)
- Count your steps as you walk into a new room. It’ll help you remember why you entered that room. It gives you something to focus on but it’s not too much that you’ll get distracted. (This is similar to many forms of counting meditations too) ~ (u/bethknowsbest)
- Use a bowl to throw your keys, badges, and wallet into when you get home. That way you can’t leave without ALL the stuff you need. ~ (u/pockunit)
- ALWAYS have a bag with the essentials. On mine a have my keys, charger, papers and even tooth brush. If I’m going out, I do not waste time searching for everything. Just search for a bag. ~ (u/sdjrp)
- Make a calendar entry for every scheduled thing religiously unless it’s routine like a 9-5 job. Make the calendar entry immediately while making the appointment. Do this for parties, birthdays, dates, finals, med refills, trash night, etc. ~ (u/percyjeandavenger)
🌟 My Favourite: Use Spaced Repetition to study for your exams, remember things about people in your life, and literally everything you can possibly make a flashcard for. ~ (u/beatadhd)
Is it narcisstic to put my own tip as a favourite? Well who cares, it works! Spaced repetition is fantastic and honestly feels like cheating*. There are a lot of free tools out there which work great. I’m currently using my own private tool* 😉
- Set your phone clock 10-15 mins fast on purpose ~ (u/Anonredditthoughts)
- Put appointments in your calendar 10-20 minutes earlier than the actual appointment ~ (u/Alyscupcakes)
- A schedule is only as good as the alarms and info you put in ~ (u/asmugone)
- Set timers for activites you hyperfocus on. BUT set the timer for X minutes less than the task takes. (Give yourself time to wrap up whatever you’re working on) Additional Protip: Use this on a watch rather than your phone to avoid getting distracted. A basic watch/smart watch will save your life. ~ (u/dinamyte519)
- Download an app on your phone that chimes and buzzes every half an hour during your awake time. Keeps you aware of how much time has passed. ~ (u/Frosty172)
- Track your time. Every morning, write out a todo list by hand and track the time taken for each task. (Write down the time whenever you take a break or switch tasks) - I personally use Toggl to track my time ~ (u/ImprovedMeyerLemon)
🌟 My Favourite: Get an electric toothbrush with a timer. ADHD people have time blindness and it’ll make sure you brush for at least two minutes. ~ (u/insaxon)
Yes. Two minutes can feel like two hours for me. Or I’ll brush for 20 seconds and think five minutes has passed. I can’t trust my brain, so I started using an electric toothbrush with a timer
- Disable all your notifications on your phone except for essential apps (Texting, Voicemail, Calendar) ~ (u/kee_kee)
- Use website blockers for distracting websites (I use Cold Turkey, Freedom and News Feed removers for social media + Youtube) ~ (u/elliptical_orbit)
- Get a good pair of noise-cancelling headphones + non-distracting music/audio ~ (u/elliptical_orbit, u/michaeltheobnoxious)
- If you can’t stop yourself from answering that text/email/IM right away but don’t actually have time to deal with it, tell the person you’ll respond when you get a minute. ~ (u/theweirdo_nextdoor)
- Your brain focuses better after some exercise. Cardio works best ~ (u/unofficialuser112)
🌟 My Favourite: Use a noise-cancelling headset and listen to music/white noise/brown noise. Enables hyperfocus and blocks out distractions (“I don’t regret getting diagnosed late, but I do regret getting noise cancelling headphones that late in life.”) ~ (u/rn7889)
Stop scrolling right now and go buy the noise-cancelling headset. A noise-cancelling headset + some noise like music/brown noise is essential if you have ADHD. Feel free to thank me later once your life changes.
If the headset isn't in your budget: Brown noise + earphones will get you 80% of the way there.
Getting Things Done
- If you have an Android: Put a widget from your todo list app on your home screen so it’s the first thing you see ~ (u/kee_kee)
- Break tasks down into as many smaller tasks as you need for it to feel manageable. ~ (u/theweirdo_nextdoor)
- Learn to plan around transitions. It’s easier to start things if you chain them with another task that is ending. ~ (u/lexid22)
- Use the pomodoro technique for everything. It’s great having a break to look forward to. ~ (u/ontapeina_sthrnaccnt)
- Remember that something is better than nothing. If you only get 26% of a task done then it’s further than if you never started. It’s better to do little bits of every task rather than procrastinating. ~ (u/xxxistentialist)
- Attach numbers to events. e.g: Going to bed (3) - Brush, Floss, Mouthwash. ~ (u/Frosty172)
- Lie to yourself. I’ll tell myself that I’m just going to unload one dish from the dishwasher. Once I’ve started, I’ll at least unload a few, and maybe clean the whole kitchen. ~ (u/coffeeclichehere)
- Decide what you’re going to do each day beforehand, preferably while your meds are at their workingest. Make sure it’s only 1 thing. ~ (u/optimisticaspie)
- Understand that FUTURE YOU IS STILL YOU. If you think you’ll do something later, understand that future you is still you. Future you isn’t more likely to muster up the desire to do the work. f you don’t have the motivation to do it in the next 24 hours then future you probably won’t either. ~ (u/Moon_In_Scorpio)
- When you need to transition between tasks, pretend that you are talking to a friend who is having issues with something. Give yourself a nudge and remind yourself it’s time to switch tasks/get started. (Detach yourself from the task) ~ (u/Gerryislandgirl)
- When you take breaks, make sure your break isn’t too interesting. That way you won’t get absorbed in your break. Just clean during your break or something like that. ~ (u/Treppenwitz_shitz)
- Gamify things and set a limited amount of time to accomplish something. e.g: Brew your coffee and get as many chores done as you can before the coffee is finished brewing. ~ (u/strngrsstpngstngrs)
- Write TODO lists as a brain dump. And then order them in importance or the order you want to do them in. That way you don’t pause while writing down tasks. ~ (u/strngrsstpngstngrs)
- Don’t be afraid to stimulate yourself if you need it. Listen to a podcast or music to get yourself to do something. ~ (u/fineandnormal)
- Reward yourself when you get things done. Positive Reinforcement is good and you’ll feel like getting more things done. ~ (u/prince-ali-but-short)
- Change your environment and work from a place where there are fewer distractions. e.g: Cafe/library. You’ll get more stuff done ~ (u/humbled_lightbringer)
- Set a time to do work, and a time to relax; that way you don’t feel guilty about relaxing during the time you set aside for yourself. ~ (u/talking_face)
- Change your alarm sounds/timer sounds frequently, but use alarms and timers as much as possible. ~ (u/Little_Blue_Shed)
- Treat timers and alarms like non-negotiable laws. When the timer goes off, doesn’t matter what you were doing seconds ago, it’s time to go. Half showered, wet hair, one eye done, whatever it is, you’re out the door. ~ (Unknown)
🌟 My Favourite: Body doubling - if you need to do some work that requires focus without much fun, have someone in the room with you. They could be working too, or not. Just having them there makes everything just a little more interesting and a little more accountable. ~ (u/Creebjeez)
I feel like a lot of people are missing some sort of accountability system in their lives. I don’t do body doubling but I use Beeminder to keep me accountable.
- Brain dump in a notebook by your bed every night. ~ (u/ALyscupcakes)
- Don’t feel bad about sucking at school/work. You’ll get better as you learn more strategies for coping with ADHD. Things get better ~ (u/astrozork321)
- Use writing/journaling as cognitive therapy to defuse emotional history ~ (u/Tman1307)
- Remind yourself that the world won’t end if a few things fall behind. ~ (u/theweirdo_nextdoor)
- Write a reverse todo-list. Write down the things you have accomplished for the day. That way you won’t feel overwhelmed and it’ll make you feel better. ~ (u/SuspiciousEchidna)
- You’re allowed to let things go. Forget irrelevant things and forgive yourself. Ignore the awkward thing you did last week. Life will move on. ~ (u/bitetheboxer, u/optimisticaspie)
- Forgive yourself for your limits. ~ (u/3GrilledJalapenos)
- Meditation. Active breaks for people that struggle to take breaks. Use a meditation app when you’re starting. Like Headspace ~ (u/Juan_Creamsicle)
- Start working on letting go of shame. It depresses your motivation and only makes things worse. You wouldn’t shame someone in a wheelchair for not getting things done, your difficulty is in your brain instead of your legs but it’s no less real. ~ (u/percyjeandavenger)
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy + meditation ~ (u/beatadhd)
🌟 My Favourite: You’re allowed to let things go. Forget irrelevant things and forgive yourself. Ignore the awkward thing you did last week. Life will move on. ~ (u/bitetheboxer, u/optimisticaspie)
Stop hating yourself. Don’t look at the future. Don’t look at the past. Look at the present. I used to always hate myself for being so unproductive. I realised how pointless that was and I started to focus on improving myself in the present.
- Put your phone on the other side of the room and make your alarm super loud. Gets you out off bed and will make you turn it off so you don’t wake other people up. ~ (u/Valendr0s)
- If you’re having trouble getting out of bed then set a timer on your phone for 5 minutes and chuck it across the room. It’ll force you to get up and turn it off. ~ (u/PMDicksInTinyClothes)
- Buy 2 bright lamps and 2 timers. Set them up to turn on automatically 5-15min before you want your alarm to go off in the morning. The lights help your body know its daytime ~ (u/lexid22)
- Change your thermostat so the temperature goes down an hour before bedtime and gets warmer 30 minutes before you wake up. The cooler temperatures get your body to sleep and the warmer temperatures help you wake up ~ (u/lexid22)
- Use a reminder app for starting your bedtime routine, not just your bedtime. (And have a bedtime routine) ~ (u/3GrilledJalapenos)
- Try setup meetings/commitments early in the morning. They'll force you to get out of bed ~ (u/beatadhd)
🌟 My Favourite: Set two alarms when you get up in the morning. One to get out of bed and one for your medication. e.g: 5:30 AM wake up and take medication and then fall back to bed. By your 6AM alarm you’ll have waken up and your meds will have kicked in ~ (u/BizzarduousTask)
What a great lifehack. I’ve been doing this the past few days (except I don’t wake up at 6AM) - it works pretty well. Also I throw my phone on the other side of the room so it forces me to get out of bed.
- It’s okay to be in a room with people and just let people breathe. You don’t need to fill the silence. ~ (u/asmugone)
- When having a conversation or learning something, repeat every word the person says in your head. It’ll help you not drift off as much. It also makes it so you’ll interrupt people less. ~ (u/TheNocturne)
- Try to avoid the word 'but' when faced with a conflict. Instead try be constructive towards arguments/discussions with the word 'and'. ~ (u/beatadhd)
🌟 My Favourite: For maintaining eye contact: Imagine a red dot on someone’s nose for intense focus. Bridge of the nose for paying attention. ~ (u/asmugone)
Haven’t tried this one but I used to have trouble with eye contact a few years ago so this stood out to me. I’m pretty good with eye contact now, but I’ll be trying it over the next few weeks anyway.
- If you hate your job. Make a job switch. It’ll help you make positive changes in your life. ~ (u/Mooberry_)
- Find a job that works WITH your system. If you can’t wake up and be functional in the morning then stop trying. Find a job that doesn’t need you to wake up in the morning. Stop beating yourself up over things your brains isn’t designed for ~ (u/obxunseeker)
- Be self-employed and start a business. “No matter where I worked or what I did, I was constantly watching the clock, hating every single second of it. On Saturday I worked 27 straight hours to finish a job on time and it was still less painful than working an 8 hour shift as an employee. Those 27 hours disappeared and left me feeling gratified because I made someone’s house beautiful and I got to see how happy I made her the first time she saw her new home.” ~ (u/jake7697)
- When promising a timescale to a client, double or triple the amount of time that you initially think it will take. That way worst case scenario, you will finish it on deadline and meet expectations or best case, finish before and exceed expectations. ~ (u/Somewhereonabike)
- The moment you know you aren’t going to make a deadline, let the client know and again give them an overestimate of time for new deadline. People are always understanding and appreciative for this quick communication. ~ (u/Somewhereonabike)
- Reply to emails and messages when you read them. 99% of the time, days and weeks will go by if you tell yourself that you’ll reply later on… ~ (u/Somewhereonabike)
- Be honest about your limitations and own your shit. Most people have no idea how much adhd affects so many things and therefore can’t understand our inability to do basic things at times. Especially if you come across as smart and creative, they can misplace our struggles for laziness and lack of care. If you fuck up own it, explain why and apologise. It doesn’t have to be long winded but it is important to state how you aim to rectify the situation and again. ~ (u/Somewhereonabike)
- Stop comparing your output and motivation to others and embrace a slower, more considered, creative one. You are not other people. You are you. Trying to jam your freeform, 12 sided shape into the round hole is painful and won’t work. You don’t need a hole, you need self acceptance. ~ (u/Somewhereonabike)
🌟 My Favourite: Learn to say no to taking on things that you know may cause you stress and excess pressure just because it’s money. It is not worth it, just put the boundaries that will save your mental health in the first place and you won’t have to deal with the fallout later. The more you do it, the easier it becomes. ~ (u/Somewhereonabike)
God yes… ADHD people have a dangerous habit of overcommitting to stuff. Personally I think I just forget that I’m already working on X, Y and Z. Sustainability is important - don’t overcommit.
- Use Active Recall + Spaced Repetition to study for all your exams. I've seen countless people go from C's to straight A's after adopting them ~ (u/beatadhd)
- If you're finding it difficult to start assignments early then ONLY read + annotate the assignment brief early and go take a break after that. Your subconscious should process the information and it'll be easier to start later on. ~ (u/beatadhd)
- It’s better to turn in an assignment that is 75% done. It’ll drag your grades down less than if you never turned it in ~ (u/bitetheboxer)
- Print out lectures and powerpoints in advance (ask the teacher for them). That way you won’t need to listen and write at the same time. You can annotate the printed versions instead. ~ (u/strngrsstpngstngrs)
🌟 My Favourite: Visit your school's inclusivity and disability team. They will hopefully have policies for helping people with ADHD ~ (u/beatadhd)
This is something I never took advantage of while at University, but I probably should have. A few assignment extensions when my meds stopped working would have saved me from countless all nighters…
- Setup a morning routine + a reset routine. A reset routine is something you do when you're feeling super unfocused. Mine consists of meditation, exercise, journaling, playing music and making some tea. ~ (u/beatadhd)
- If it takes less than ten minutes to do the task, just do it immediately. ~ (u/Zzazu)
- Have a uniform for work, social and casual scenarios. Don’t mix your work clothes with your casual clothes. ~ (u/3GrilledJalapenos)
- If you start to feel frustrated for no reason, eat something and keep yourself hydrated. (Self-care flowchart) ~ (u/enjakuro)
- it’s better to half-ass most things than it is to not do them at all. ~ (u/coffeclichehere)
- Set alarms using music rather than the default alarm sounds. It’ll help you get going. (And music releases norepinephrine in your brain!) ~ (u/redditraptor6)
- Make yourself kits for common repeated household tasks. e.g: Cleaning Kit, Package mailing kit… Reduces the friction needed to get started on a task ~ (u/sonjavalentine)
- Refine your routine and rituals to reduce the overall time it takes to get them ready. Reduce the friction needed to start your morning routine. e.g: Prepare a filled pot of coffee the night before. ~ (u/lazyoracle)
- Set just a few non-negotiable standards and laws for yourself. Pick those that improve your life the most. e.g: No phone in bed at night or in the morning. Not even a quick email check. And read your goals every morning. ~ (u/AllsFarrin)
- When you’re trying to get started on a task: Write down the steps you’ve already done and the steps you plan to do next. Helps a lot with spaghetti thoughts ~ (u/qui_gone_Gym)
- Drink a big glass of water when you know you are going to have to start doing a thing in a bit. When you inevitably have to go pee, start after you wash your hands. You are already up and your brain already had to switch gears. Use it as momentum. ~ (u/percyjeandavenger)
🌟 My Favourite: On tough days. Use the 1-thing theory. Just try and accomplish just one-thing for that day. e.g. Clean the kitchen. ~ (u/soggysocks63, u/GoodGuyVik)
A bit less life-hacky compared to the others but I’ve found that getting started is a lot easier when you only have a single priority.
- If you are Vitamin D deficient then take Vitamin D supplements (see a doctor first). It’ll help your mood and energy levels. ~ (u/ImprovedMeyerLemon)
- Eat lots of protein and stay hydrated. ~ (u/chlordane_zero)
- Figure out if you're deficient in anything and try fix those things. This includes getting a food allergy test, figuring out deficiencies and eating a healthy diet. ~ (u/beatadhd)
🌟 My Favourite: Use a 7-day pill organiser with AM/PM slots and put your medication and supplements there. ~ (u/ImprovedMeyerLemon)
I know a lot of people have issues with remembering if they took their medication. This is an easy, simple and cheap fix.
Juckle, Muckle And Puckle, The tale of Three Ruckles
There is something therapeutic in writing it down for everyone, it helps alot more than I thought it would. So when the bag of 3 Feral Cats, 10 Ferrets and 1 Woodchuck (some bastard snuck that it when I wasn’t looking) that sits beside the computer in my head starts rumbling around and knocking things over, this is probably a good place to try and let some of it out. The memorys bouncing around will hopefully wriggle less if they are on the page.
It is either write it down or go blow something up, prob not the best idea in the suburbs. Satisfying, but not smart.
There will be enough information here that if someone I served with reads it, you will have a rough idea who I am and who the three Ruckles are. Keep that to your self. I have been out for years as have atleast 2 of the 3 Ruckles, not sure where number 3 has ended up. But no one needs to be Doxed/ outed. I will respond to DM's but please don't be offended if I don't answer for Persec reasons.
I do have to put my hand up and say that I nearly became a Ruckle. I can look back and accept that. I have a technical comprehension that is well beyond normal and really sucky people skills. (I only realized recently that being able to look at device and understand how it works nearly instantly is not normal.) Mix this with a young man’s overconfidence in his own self and left unchecked you have a Ruckle. But I was saved by the equivalent of the E4 mafia. I got grabbed by the scruff by this grouchy old CPL, dragged aside and set on the right path/ told to pull my head in.
And then later when I found my self in a dark hole that I couldn’t dig my way out of, I went to the same CPL, told him that I was in the hole and he helped me climb out and not fall back in with dignity and respect. I don’t know if this will make it’s way to him but “Barge” you set me on the right path and saved my ass when I needed it. And I will always remember and appreciate that.
So now for what everyone who clicked on the title is here for. The tale of the three Ruckles.
First up is Juckle:
Juckle worked out about a third of the way through his initial trade training that he didn’t want to be A Gunnie ( ordinance). Then after he had worked out that he didn’t want to be there, he got posted to one of the hardest bases to serve at where civilization is about 350km away and it isn't much civilization. His reputation preceded him from trade school but the old school E4 mafia decided to cut him some slack and hang the nickname Joker on him from Full Metal Jacket. Nearly every member of the military would be proud to wear that nickname. Not Juckle, he whinged and bitched about it until the CPL’s changed it to “Jenny”. Justification was that if he wants to be a bitch, he could have a girls name.
I didn’t have a lot to do with him but the little I did was a fairly large pain in my ass.
Juckle is out at bomb prep for the first time, we have a line of 14x 500lb slicks to be assembled. Bomb casings are on the trailer. Tails to the left, fuses to the right, it is a great day to be playing with shit that energetically spreads itself over a large area if you don’t treat it right. And we get extensive training to make sure that we treat it right. So most of the crew is getting the hardware mounted to the bomb casing and Juckle is over the side unpacking the Fuzing wires. Once the fuzing wires are unpacked, he is hanging around the bench and not helping with the rest of the assembly. Finally Cpl Singer grabs Juckle by the scruff, drags him over to the trailer full of bombs and rolls 500lb of bomb into the bomb casing next to it like a giant green newtons cradle. After loudly proclaiming “see, it isn’t going to go off, now get your ass in gear and get to work” Juckle very very slowly started working on the bombs. 2 days later he was shuffled back to the workshop. Not fit to work with Explosives.
My personal irritation was the morning that Juckle doesn’t turn up for work. Sgt calls Juckle, with no answer. Sgt calls several more times, still get’s no answer. Sgt is now pissed. Juckle is now considered missing. Sgt turns to me “LAC Corsair, you know where Juckle lives right?”
“ Good, Fetch”
“Yes Sgt” and I have a set of keys flung at me across the room.
I turn up to the room that Juckle lives in and start kicking the crap out of the door. Finally his room mate opens it and informs me that he left 2 mins before I got there.
So I walk back to the work truck and return to the Section. As I walk in the door, I am greeted by the fairly cranky Sgt, “where is Juckle?” “Room mate told me that he left 2 mins prior to me kicking his door” at this point I am starting to feel like we may have a new blood and bone fertiliser for the plants around the smokers pit out the back, Sgt is turning interesting colours for someone that is normally really calm and collected. Time for LAC Corsair to get Clear and get back to work. Self preservation at it’s finest…
10 mins later, Juckle walks in. Que the Sgt landing on him like a Wedge Tail Eagle taking a baby Kangaroo…. Juckle didn’t know what hit him…
Eventually, after the yelling stopped, I found out that Juckle had picked up one of the Sgt’s calls. This was after I had been dispatched to collect him. Sgt instructed him to stay at his room and he would be collected from there. Juckle thought that he would save someone the trip and get a lift down to the unit with someone else contrary to the SGT’s orders. he also turned up without Shaving for 4 days prior.
End result was a charge and a week where he had to report to the unit in dress blues, be inspected, then change for work.
Juckle also managed to pull a Hawk and lose his ID card. Rather than speak with the ARMO and get a new card, he just turned up to the gate early, asked for the keys, got told that they had been collected and got waved through on his pushbike. When the ARMO found out, seeing as Security Officer for the unit was one of his secondary roles, he also turned interesting colours. Pretty sure Juckle was walking funny after that one.
Juckle was eventually shifted to a position as Gofer for one of the Flight Sergeants for about 18 months prior to discharge.
And now for Muckle.
One of my first interactions with Muckle was where he had been in the section for less than 3 days and I watched him walk up to one of the most experienced and hard working LAC’s (that is certified in 2 trades) that I have ever had the pleasure of working with and tell that person that they should hand over their rank slide because Muckle was going to be a better LAC than they ever were. “shut up Muckle”
Second interaction: we are heading out to install a pair of wingtip missile launchers on a Hornet. I have already spend 18 months nearly exclusively working on these launchers with multiple overhauls completed, I am the Section SME on this particular bit of kit.
Muckle: “ So what do we Torque the attachement bolts to?” and this is said in a really cocky manner as if he already knows the answer.
LAC Corsair: “ what does the book say Muckle?” Every job is done by the book, I may remember but I am still going to cross check it with the book every single time when setting the torque wrench. You can’t fuck it up that way.
Muckle: “ you should know that” Nope, that is what the book is for.
LAC Corsair: “ You know I have been working exclusively on these for over a year now right? And secondly, what does the book say?”
Muckle: “55 Foot Pounds.” At this point Muckle has shot him self in the foot. If he had of gone and checked the book, all would be forgiven.
LAC Corsair: “If you are wrong, I’m gonna beer fine you. And I’m gonna make it stick” Correct answer is 125-135 ftlb. Shit, I still remember that.
2nd chance right here, if he had of checked the book and got the right torque setting, all forgiven.
Being Muckle, he is convinced he is right and sticks to his guns. End result is he got beer fined a 6 pack of beers for that one,
2 beers for attempting to test a LAC SME when he is only a AC (testing an superior ranked Subject matter expert)
2 Beers for guessing the Torque Value and not checking the book
2 Beers for getting the torque value wrong by more than 50%.
WO Tee tacked on an extra 6 pack for being an idiot.
Muckle also manage to commit both big NO-NO’s when installing a Pilot survival kit in the ejection seat. There are 2x lanyards that are attached to the survival kit and if you manage to pull either one through not being careful enough, it is a carton beer fine (a Full 24/36 Beers). Muckle managed to pull both of them in a week. When they finally added up all his beer fines, he had $174 worth of beer fines by the end of the fortnight. At that point, the boss called off the beer fine system. A Carton of beer was about $45 dollars.
I watched Muckle challenge a long term CPL to a lockwire race. The challenge was to lockwire 4 bolts together. Muckle talked a big talk but the CPL was done in less than 1.5 mins and Muckle had his cut twice for going the wrong way and pinching a wire badly. total time: 25 mins
I saw Muckle piss himself in front of the Armo, WO and FlgtSgt during the St Barbara day festivities. He had heard of one of our previous Cpls who had checked with the WO first if it was ok as it was part of the rules for the ST Barbara day golf tournament that you couldn’t go to the bushes to take a leak, Cpl Loosecannon proceeded to piss him self out on the grass on the golf course because going to the bushes would have incurred a penalty. Muckle didn’t check anything, just decided to piss him self while the bosses were still there looking at him... Landed him self in Rehab for that.
There are probably a lot more Muckle stories and I will try to put them up at a later date. Last I saw on social media Muckle had left the military as an LAC and was a project manager and dog trainehandler.
Now we get to Puckle.
What is the one thing worse than a normal Ruckle…. I heard someone say nothing can be worse than a Ruckle… I offer a Ruckle with Sgt Stripes to the crowd…
I will try to keep this short as I am not sure where Puckle ended up but he made sure that I was discharged and I will write more on him up at a later date as part of my discharge story that i promised BikerJedi.
First interaction with Puckle:
LAC Corsair: “Morning Sgt”
Sgt Puckle: “call me Puckle (First Name)”
LAC Corsair: “ umm, we usually stick with Sarge here.”
Sgt Puckle: “ Tha’s ok, just call me Puckle” Continues with this every time till LAC Corsair gives up and calls him puckle.
This is shooting your self in the foot as a Sgt so badly. It is setting a level of familiarity with your troops that will come back and bite you in the ass later with big fucking teeth.
Puckle was a micro manager and I watched him send 3 different people back to the section for different items that could have been a single run if he had let his CPL think first and then be surprised when he had no vehicles left and what was left of his crew was stranded at the OLA.
I also heard him utter the Phrase in the workshop when the Cpl was questioning a section of the publication: " Don't worry about what the book says, just do what I told you..." Big Fucking NO right there. EVERYTHING IS DONE BY THE BOOK!!!! what small shred of respect I had for Puckles rank slide slithered out the door at that point. any respect for the person wearing it was long gone prior to that.
I had him come up to me at the end of the day and aggressively ask me why I hadn't called him for an independent inspection on what I was working on. I had been working on repairing/ re-pin some plugs and soldering some wiring for a bomb rack and my Cpl had known that I had an issue with him so kept me out of sight for the day on jobs that didn't require an independent. He was offended that he wasn't required to share his lack of skills with me and tell me how to do my job.
I watched a Independent Safetly supervisor spin the nose cone off of a bomb that Puckles team loaded earlier in the day and he didn't check it properly when he inspected it post load before signing it off. One of the guys on my team saw that it didn't look right from the taxi way about 30m away.
I got yelled at by him for bad paper work for a missile launcher overhaul, after he had told me to drop everything on that laucher and just stick it under the bench because it was waiting on parts. I should clarify, the paperwork is not step by step, it references a chapter in the book and I had reinstalled 4 parts that were obviously new. And no one else is Certified to work on these launchers. I am a very literal person, he told me to drop it, so I did. Then I got yelled at later for doing exactly what he said. It isn't like there is anyone else to work on the launchers anyway.
Last i heard was about 6 months after my discharge, he was posted to the training base and away from the Fighter Wing. I'm not sure if this is better or worse for the military as him being in charge of anything more than a childs lemonade stand is a scary thing.
Hopefully everyone enjoyed the tale of the three Ruckles, I will see what else shakes loose for the Ruckles from the depths of my memories and post them here as they come.
Everyone be safe, look after your selves and your loved ones and Good Night.