[S] Swoldow's Survivor: Laos - Blood vs Water III
Welcome to this series' final iteration of the notorious Blood vs Water twist, where a team of 10 will also face off against a team of 10 loved ones. Will these bonds bring people together, or will they be what inevitably tears them apart? Find out in Swoldow's Survivor: Laos. MEET THE CAST: Leuod Tribe:
- Bradley Grissom, 26, Pool Boy, Venus' Boyfriend (u/FrieNads)
- By day, he is Bradley Allen Grissom, a boy whose job is the help clean the public pool with a loving girlfriend and has a love of all things sci-fi and superheroes, but by night, he becomes WaterMan. A superhero with the power to control water to stop bad guys, rescue people, and ends up saving the day. Honestly, he isn’t a real superhero, and just a guy who cosplays at night, but he grew up reading a lot superhero comics and watching a lot of superhero films that he wanted to be like his heroes. He even went as far to make his own costume, make his own comic strips about it and even get his own sidekick (which is just his pet Labrador). And is heroic actions include finding illegal drugs and stop jaywalkers, but he did once beat up an abusive boyfriend and the girl thanked him for at, so it’s clear he only has good intentions. Bradley will bring is heroic charm to win that money, and if the time is right, it could mean that the world will be introduced to the new superhero WaterMan
- Dianna Daugherty, 49, Waitress, Sam's Mother (u/Gemini_B)
- Dianna has lived a humble life having a child only for that child to tear her and her boyfriend apart. She wasn’t too angry though, as looking back he was very rude to her. She’s raised him to be hardworking and responsible, and luckily her son has been very responsible and supportive. Nothing in Dianna’s life has seemed to go well though, and she’s be stuck in a dead-end job for years and whenever she feels ready to leave, things go wrong and so she’s stayed. She’s been a huge fan of reality shows because the thought of a regular person like her becoming beloved gives her hope, and she hopes to finally get the chance to prove herself and have an amazing adventure.
- Faye Blankenship, 26, Maid, Gerald's Daughter (u/dramaking_22)
- Faye works as a maid for one of her father’s wealthy associates. Because of this, she has to have great social skills and be accessible for any guests or people that may need her for something. But Faye doesn’t want to stay a maid forever. When she witnesses the parties that are held in the house she works in, she is astounded and wants to hold beautiful parties of her own in a house of her own as well. Since the day of her first party, she has been planning out many different ways she could acquire enough money to quit her job as a maid and live her dreams of becoming a wealthy socialite like the woman she worked for. When she heard of the show Survivor, she immediately signed up, as getting a million dollars would be more than enough money for her to quit her job. However, what she didn’t realize is that she had to have a loved one participate as well. And her father was her only option...
- Hector 'Hec' Andrews, 25, Gym Owner, Hoppo's Son (u/zohnster)
- Hec was not an easy teenager to live with. With his father's fame, he ended up in great confusion with his irresponsibility. Now an adult, Hec wants to get closer to his father and be proud to seek a good life out of trouble. He's a hard-working young man, but he still has some scars from a life full of problems.
- Nia Kandle, 21, Tinder Operator, Alicia's Daughter (u/Rylandoesreddit)
- Nia is a hopeless romantic. As a child, Nia always loved her mother. During high school however, she met a boy named Geoff. They fell in love quick, and dated for 3 years. This however stopped when Geoff died in a car crash. This made Nia distance herself from her mother. Wanting to feel love again, Nia now works for Tinder, and wants to use her job to find the fire that lost her soul.
- Saiton Williams, 30, Rancher, Katie's Fiancee (u/Troopher)
- Saiton was always a troublemaker growing up, as he was kicked out of the house at an early age and forced to live on his own. However, he learned that violence and robbery would be how he could make a living, and that ended up being what he resorted to. However, meeting Katie has really helped him turn his life in the right direction, as now him and his new fiance own a ranch. However, this newly reformed lifestyle doesn't mean he will avoid being a villain...
- Samantha 'Sammy' Webber, 21, Student, Jules' Sister (u/Pray_The_Gay_To_Come)
- A charming southern belle, is ready to take the survivor world by storm. She grew up in a small town in Kentucky with an accepting family and easy lifestyle. She’s currently a cheerleader at her university and plans to become an NFL cheerleader. She loves her sister, brother, mom, dad and of course her dog.... but is oblivious to the reality of her familial situation.
- Taya Collin, 21, Student, Tana's Twin Sister (u/blxxdymxry)
- Taya and Tana Collins, also known as “The Colin Twins” have always been their school bullies but people would tend to like Taya more then her sister cause they felt she actually had a personality outside being rude. Taya only agreed to come on the show because he was forced by her sister. She is tired of always being in her sisters shadow and wants to be someone different.
- Thevan Ali, 23, Company CEO, Famesh's Brother (u/asiansurvivorfan)
- Thevan was always seen as the “success” of the family in all aspects. Thevan was always the favourite child and would often bully his brother for being a “disappointment”. At the age of 23, he already owns a successful company and makes sure everyone in the room knows it. He is cold, manipulative, and will do anything in his power to win.
- Wato Macho, 69, Underwear Model and Self-Proclaimed Sex Symbol, Mato's Brother (u/Ripecornball60)
- Wato Macho is not a face you see and live to tell the tale! The Macho brothers are renowned all across America as being delusionally pretty, and performing acts that other people their age would never live to tell the tale! This includes Dabbing, Tik Toking, and playing fortnite! Wato has a degree in love, and is ready to find “Young love” On the island, since Love Island declined his multiple applications.
- Alicia Kandle, 48, Tennis Coach, Nia's Mother (u/Rylandoesreddit)
- Alicia always wanted to be the best mother she could be. After Nia’s father left right when she was born, Alicia has always wanted to give Nia the best childhood that she could have. But everything went downhill after high school, however, when Nia’s true love was tragically killed, Nia distances herself and Alicia thought that survivor can bring them closer than ever and hopefully she can have her daughter back.
- Famesh Ali, 19, Street Musician, Thevan's Brother (u/asiansurvivorfan)
- Raised in a strict, Bangladeshi household, Famesh was always pressured by his parents to study law or go to medical school , since all of his siblings followed that path, but he always had a passion for music so you can imagine their reaction when he told them. He rarely speaks to his family these days but he’s very glad that he decided to pursue his true passion.
- Gerald Blankenship, 57, Homeopathic Doctor, Faye's Father (u/dramaking_22)
- Gerald has always been an interesting man. He was raised by 2 strange hippie parents, and because of that he became a homeopathic doctor that uses unorthodox alternatives to medicine that... actually work. He has become rich off of his practice, and has many friends in high places. However, many people are put off by him due to his inappropriate jokes. Rumors have even spread that he and his wife got a divorce because he cheated on her. However, he does not care about the rumors as long as he has his daughter Faye, who he loves. When he heard that Faye wanted to be on Survivor, and that she needed a loved one to join her, he was all in. He loves to take risks in his day to day life, and this is one of the biggest risks yet. But he’s ready to take it.
- Hopkin 'Hoppo' Andrews, 48, Baseball Player, Hec's Father (u/zohnster)
- A very dedicated player, Hoppo was a great success in baseball. He has accumulated thousands of dollars, thousands of fans and only one wife (of course, he is faithful) with his brilliant moves. Today he is retired and enjoys his life with wife and three kids - two boys and one girl. Competitive, his goal here is the title of soul survivor. It's winning. The money can be donated later, the important thing is to win.
- Julia 'Jules' Webber, 24, Flight Attendant, Sammy's Sister (u/Pray_The_Gay_To_Come)
- She has always been seen as the black sheep in her family, due to being outspoken and worrying little about how her words affect others. She’s the oldest of 3 children, and she deeply cares for her siblings, nurturing them from the horrible attitudes their parents have. She fought and rebelled from her parents, even getting piercings and tattoos at 16 which her parents disapproved of. The Webber parents didn’t have a great relationship, and Jules made sure to hide this from her younger siblings giving them an illusion of a perfect family. She has been deeply scarred taking the blunt of her parents emotional abuse trying to protect her siblings which she did very well.
- Katie Hamilton, 29, Rancher, Saiton's Fiancee (u/Troopher)
- Katie was born into a rich family, but didn't know her parents' business was going bankrupt. They lost all of their assets and Katie was now forced to live on the street, which ended up with her experiencing the traumatic event of watching both of her parents get murdered in front of her. However, similarly to how she is turning Saiton into a better person, Saiton is currently her coping mechanism to get over the trauma of her parents' deaths.
- Mato Macho, 42, Photographer, Wato's Brother (u/Ripecornball60)
- Mato was the far less superior brother of Wato. When Wato needed something, he commanded Mato to do his bidding. When Wato wanted to Pursue Underwear modelling, he commanded Mato to be his personal photographer, and Wato stupidly did so. However, he does now have clients outside of his delusional brother so I guess that's a plus.
- Samuel 'Sam' Daugherty, 27, Valet Driver, Dianna's Son (u/Gemini_B)
- Sam was raised by his single mom and loves her deeply. He’s not super into survivor, but knows his mom is and hopes she can get a chance to live her dream. He knows that she could really use the million dollars, so he’ll do everything he can to help her win, but doesn't have any aspirations or motivations to win himself.
- Tana Collin, 21, Student, Taya's Twin Sister (u/blxxdymxry)
- Growing up, Tana was always favored by her family, and she loved having the spotlight every chance she got it which led to make her the women she is today. Naturally, she is the alpha twin, and constantly bullied people in high school. She forced her twin sister to audition for survivor so she can manipulate her and take all the money for herself.
- Venus Mercury, 24, Conspiracy Blogger, Bradley's Girlfriend (u/FrieNads)
- Here is the backstory of Venus: There is no backstory. And by that I mean there is literally no history of this person. No family, no hometown, no nothing, it is like she just suddenly appeared out of nowhere. Venus claims that she just dropped from the sky 2 years ago, and Bradley found her and took her in, which was the start of their relationship. She is very weird as she sometimes talks in an unknown language, says she can talk to animals, eats her food in a strange way and has unusual strength. But that’s just the entire population of New York so what is really that different. She currently writes a blog about the existence of aliens, like how many races there are, their certain planets and how some and friendlier than others. She has never heard of this Suh-Vee-Vore but her boyfriend wants to be on it, and she will do her best to help him achieve it. But wait a minute: No history, Unusual habits, Strange language, Venus can’t really be an alien, they don’t exist. Right?
THE SEASON: http://brantsteele.net/survivobloodvswater.php?c=qIt9gp7E GOOGLE DOC WITH SEASON WRITEUPS: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ZT5MclX3_jiCwOG6mJL4c5Ogv9W4LHNLKDv8NSW_228/edit?usp=sharing
That was a very fun season to write! It wasn't the most game-botty season which is always good, and it helped me focus on the relationships of these couples. We see Taya and Mato
get sent to redemption through the First Impressions Twist, and I found it very funny that Mato was booted unanimously, and continually runner-upped his way to the final redemption duel before the merge, where he finally lost.
We also said goodbye to our first duo in Venus and Bradley early on, which I felt saddened by because I was really looking forward to writing them (specifically Venus)
. Her and Gerald
were screwed over due to Tana's
status as a swing vote, and despite not really placing well, Taya and Tana were amazing Pre-Merge villains, and if I had another Pre-Jury Gems, one of them would likely return. Tana and Taya switching on redemption after Tana found out the majority didn't want to keep Tana around was iconic, and it was even better when Taya used that info to single-handedly force Katie to flip, turning the whole game upside-down.
The swap was interesting, as we had Jules buddying up with her sister to blindside Taya
, Thevan realizing he has been swap-screwed and switching with his brother on Redemption, only to lose
, and Katie getting blindsided only to win her way back into the game.
The merge was also super fun, with Hec idoling out Famesh
immediately, and Faye using Wato as a vote magnet in order to blindside Alicia, Hec, and Hoppo, only for Wato to go out one tribal later
. On the subject of Faye
, she was a fantastic villain, and I could immediately tell she was willing to do anything to win to get out of her job as a maid. She seamlessly flipped on the Webber sisters to stop Nia from playing an idol. She
also went out in a crazy way, with Jules playing her idols on her and her sister, guarenteeing Faye would be sent to the jury. Sammy and Jules Webber
were an iconic duo, and I loved seeing the two of them grow closer as Jules finally revealed the truth about Sammy's upbringing to her. Jules
was an amazing winner, especially with her idol play, and under-the-radar style.
And other iconic players this season were Dianna, Nia, Wato, Katie, and Hec.
Potential Returnees: Jules, Dianna, Sammy, Nia, Faye, Katie, Wato, Hec, Famesh, Taya, Thevan
The sad time has come, for me to announce our final newbie season before our last two returnee seasons, Champions vs Contenders
This final newbie season has no casting theme whatsoever. Just a classic, 20-person game of Survivor reminiscent of the older, themeless seasons. Get ready for a nostalgia trip, as were taking this back to ancient times in Swoldow's Survivor: Rome!
submitted by swoldow