Over the last half a year or more, I've seen dozens if not 100+ accounts reported here as 'hacked'. The stories are very similar so far but this is Reddit and the best anyone can do is tell people to contact support. People mistaking this subreddit for an 'official' support channel and getting just outrageous about me not directly telling them what to do besides "Contact support" has caused me to flat out not care about it but it's a growing stone in my shoe so here we are. I'm bumping the referral thread from the top sticky spot for now to get as many eyes on and responses to this as I can.
If you've had your account 'hacked' over the last few months, please send modmail to /Robinhood
with a subject that makes it clear that your account was hacked. I've mentioned this was a growing problem here in unrelated correspondence with Robinhood but got no reply specifically about accounts being hacked or what was being done about it. Please note that I cannot help you recover anything that was taken from you
and you should contact support immediately
if you think someone is trying to access your account. I'm just trying to get as many data points as possible to resolve this in my own mind, maybe pass along what we've gathered to Robinhood, and at least create a best practices policy to post here in this sub to try and prevent more people from getting 'hacked.'
In your message, please include the following information in an organized way:
- your cell service provider (T-Mobile, AT&T, Walmart, etc.)
- your email provider for the account used with Robinhood (gmail, yahoo, a work address, etc.; DO NOT PROVIDE YOUR ADDRESS)
- were any of your other accounts also breached (email, twitter, fb, random forums, etc.)
- how "secure" is your email password (this is relative but please be honest and realistic; if you use a birthdate, an easily guessed passphrase, etc., consider that weak. If it's 47 randomly generated symbols and characters, consider that very secure)
- do you use the same password in more than one place (not specifically your RH password; any passwords)
- have you ever changed your Robinhood or email password (if so, how recently before the 'hack')
- if you have 2FA enabled on Robinhood, did you receive a series of authorization codes before the hack (if so, when? During the day, at night, etc.)
- if you have 2FA enabled on Robinhood, is it app-based (Authy, Google Auth, etc.) or via SMS
- do you have 2FA enabled on your email account
- do you use a password manager that has your Robinhood or email password in it (if so, which manager)
- what state or at least time zone you live in
- the type of phone you have and OS version
- the age of your Robinhood account
- how you were referred to Robinhood (friend, stranger, etc.)
- how often do you trade or otherwise monitor your Robinhood account (constantly, daily, occasionally, etc.)
- have you connected any third party services to your Robinhood account (budget trackers, portfolio monitors, etc.)
- have you ever signed up with any third party financial services with your email address (budget trackers, portfolio monitors, etc.)
- have you ever accessed your RH account with one of the unofficial API wrappers (python, etc.)
- have you ever accessed your email or Robinhood account on wifi that wasn't your own (at a friend's house, at Panera, at work, etc.)
- any newly (start ~2 months before being 'hacked') installed apps or games (a full written list or screenshot of all installed apps would be awesome)
- do you use the same username on Robinhood that you use on any social media or forums that you also talk about trading and/or Robinhood?
- did you have Cash Management activated when your account was 'hacked'?
- if so, have you used the card online anywhere? (please try to include any non-mainstream retailers you used the card with)
- if not, did the hacker activate Cash Management for you as part of the hack?
- if you use a desktop or laptop computer to access your email or Robinhood account, describe the system (Windows 10, Linux distro, etc.)
- do you keep your computer up to date?
- do you share a computer with anyone else (including family members who might have installed software on the computer)
- finally, describe what happened in your own words. Where did the attack come from (check Settings->Security->Your devices)? Were positions closed? Was a new bank attached to the account? Did they use the Cash Management card? How much was taken? Did they change your login info? Did they delete any emails from Robinhood? Be very specific.
Be aware that nearly everything I'm asking here should be considered private information
! If you do not trust the current moderators and any future moderators of this subreddit or the current or future site admins with this information, please, do not send it to us via modmail! My feelings will not be hurt if you decide to leave parts of this blank. No one should post this type of information in public! Do not risk your security!
If I see a pattern in the responses, I might follow up with people via modmail or another thread like this.
Contact Gmail online Gmail range extender modem wifi tech support phone number will fix problems of setup wizard via technical care center, who help you with customer service for password reset page. Contact desk helpline helpdesk over firewall Toll-free Tollfree telephone or Chat with an agent line live person 24x7 hours for USA CANADA troubleshooting settings issues in hour business info for advanced pro services if how to not working. customer care total Internet security plus endpoint tech support phone number on tollfree. call Anti-virus customer service telephone help center helpline desk technical HelpDesk for USA CANADA to chat with live person online premium email for Refund billing and cancel my utilities clean up subscription or forgot password recovery reset account 24×7 hour.Gmail
can be downloaded for free from the Internet and it was released for general use by users in 1998. It was designed as a cleaner and defragmenter for all versions of Windows. Gmail was updated to have improved security and performance features in 2020. In April 2020, Gmail announced they would not continue the development of Gmail . In this article, we will take a look at some of its features that you should know about.
It has a user interface that is easy to navigate. It has many options that make it easy to scan your computer or network for any infected files or data. For instance, you can run the scanner as often as you like, and there is a scheduler feature that automatically scans your computer on regular intervals.
Some of the things that you can do with the Gmail are run a full system scan, perform a registry scan, delete invalid entries, and a junk file cleaner. In addition, you can update your virus definitions from time to time.
Gmail can scan networks as well. If you have a firewall enabled, you should consider setting it to allow network scanning. However, if your network has a firewall protection, the scanner will scan your entire network and the results will be displayed for you. Since the computer user cannot see the actual virus that is being blocked, the virus blocker has to be able to block the virus by following a pattern that is produced by the virus itself. Once the patterns are identified, the user can delete the infected files. and clean up the computer's registry.
Since Gmail Free has an advanced virus detection engine, it is very effective in computer virus protection. This is the reason why it is one of the most widely used computer virus protection tools. There are a lot of people who are constantly looking for better ways to protect their computers from viruses and malware. Gmail Free is one of the most effective ways of doing so.
For anyone who is a frequent traveler, the software is a good time saver as well. It can perform automatic updates on a regular basis. The updates can provide computer users with the latest protection and security that can be used while traveling.
The only thing that is required for installation of Gmail is a computer with Internet access. Any computer that has internet access can use this software. Even when a person is at home, there is a possibility that the computer may become infected with viruses. The user can download the free version of the software from the official website of the company.
The software comes with a number of update options. Most people who want to use this application will choose the basic option that allows them to keep up with the latest security and protection updates. There are other options available that allow the users to update the software manually, as well as having automatic updates automatically downloaded by theGmail software.
If one downloads the latest update from the company's official website, one can find out what new features and upgrades have been added. When one is interested in downloading the latest versions, the user can search for the official website of Gmail Free. This will be updated as soon as the company releases new versions.
If you are using a free version, the scan results are limited. In fact, if you want to see the full scan, you should buy a full version.
Gmail is a good choice if you want to have complete control over your computers. The feature allows you to run scans on specific types of files or network locations, scan multiple computers simultaneously, perform backups of your system and perform scheduled scans. It also adds a user interface that makes it simple to set up and configure the various settings.
In summary, this product is a good choice if you want full control over your computer. It has a user-friendly interface and a number of advanced features.
Gmail is designed to scan on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis. The automatic scan runs smoothly and reports back with the results in just seconds. You can schedule the scan and the results will appear immediately.
If you are using a free version of the product, the scan results will be limited to the settings that are included in the full version. However, with the full version, you can scan multiple computers and perform a full system scan, perform a backup of your system, update your virus definitions, and perform scheduled scans.
The scan is fast, so it is possible to scan multiple computers on one scan. If you have multiple computers that share a network, it is easy to update all of the computers at once.
You can also monitor new threats to your computer using the built-in threat and malware report feature. You can use this report to find out what files and folders are being used by hackers.
There are also great online reviews on Gmail . The Gmail website provides useful information about the product. When you are looking for reliable and detailed web-based reviews, you should keep an eye out for customer testimonials.
You can also try the free trials of the product before you buy it. This gives you the opportunity to find out whether the product is right for you. If you find the product to be an improvement over the free trial, you can purchase it and start using it right away.
Gmail works in combination with other programs, such as a firewall and a virus scanner. If you don't have these installed, you may experience problems when the scans begin.
The price of Gmail is online Gmail range extender tech support phone number will fix problems of setup wizard via technical care center, who help you with customer service for password reset page. Contact desk helpline helpdesk over firewall Toll-free Tollfree telephone or Chat with an agent line live person 24x7 hours for USA CANADA troubleshooting settings issues in hour business info for advanced pro services if how to not working. reasonable, but if you want the best protection possible, you may want to spend a little more money. to get complete protection. If you do decide to purchase the product, you can expect it to protect your computer for years to come.