Pre-IPO opportunity discussion
I have an opportunity to become a pre-IPO investor in a multitude of companies including SpaceX, UIPath, Affirm, Robinhood, and Airbnb. I have around $250k I would like to put towards these opportunities and think it would be interesting to see input from Reddit. The current investment I plan on making goes as follows:
- SpaceX - 100k
- UIPath - 50k
- Robinhood - 50k
- Affirm - 50k
As for Airbnb, I do not see that being a viable investment, especially as of right now, however to my knowledge, they plan to IPO within the next two years. If you think otherwise, change my mind.
What do you all think??? More or less towards any given company? I want to hear this community's input.
Below is information on all 5 companies, as you can probably tell by the amount of information included with each, I am most interested in SpaceX and UIPath. You might find this information interesting and or helpful for when the companies eventually do go public:
----------- SPACEX SECONDARY COMMON SHARES SpaceX
designs, manufactures and launches the world's most advanced rockets and spacecraft, and is preparing to launch its global satellite internet network, Starlink.
- Valuation: $44B at $270 per share; SpaceX's future Series N valuation =~ $44B
- Forecast: Morgan Stanley forecasts that SpaceX could be worth up to $175B; Starlink internet network has $1 trillion TAM.
- IPO ~5 years away. Long term hold
UIPATH SECONDARY PREFERRED SHARES INVESTMENT
the hyper-growth pre-IPO SaaS leader in the Robotics Process Automation (RPA) industry which is Gartner's 2020 #1 Strategic Technology Trend, "hyper-automation" Industry experts say that:
- UiPath is the leader in the robotic process automation (RPA) market–a $100B+ opportunity–which focuses on automating repetitive software computing tasks like data entry, invoicing, and contracts.
- Robotic process automation is the fastest growing segment of the enterprise technology market.
- Automation is a key strategic imperative for many major corporations and organizations in finance, healthcare, travel, insurance, and more.
- UiPath is the clear leader in the robotic process automation (RPA) software industry and its software SaaS solutions are reported to be superior.
- Valuation: $10.2B+; UiPath's Series E July 2020 valuation = $10.2B; $18.59 per share
- Market Leadership: UiPath is Gartner's two-time "Magic Quadrant Leader" in 2019 and 2020 for Robotics Process Automation
- Market Size: Combined with Artificial Intelligence and Business Process Outsourcing, some believe UiPath has a $100B+ Total Addressable Market opportunity
- Comparables: DataDog (NASDAQ DDOG), trading at $25B market cap and 45X revenue, is comparable; our UiPath investment at $10.2B valuation is at 40% of DataDog's market cap, even though the companies have roughly the same revenue around $350M to $500M ARR
- Metrics: UiPath is growing revenue 80% to 100% Year-over-Year; approaching $400M+ Annual Recurring Revenue
- Financials: 80% gross margin, cash flow breakeven in Q2 2020, 95% renewal rate
- Top Tier VCs: Sequoia, Accel, IVP, Tiger Global, and more
Affirm Secondary Common Stock Forward Sale
Leading afterpay service, IPO soon
- Valuation: Affirm Common Stock at $25 to $30 per share, valuing the company ~$5.5B
- Previous round: Affirm’s last VC round was in March 2019 (Series F) at $13.1831 per share.
ROBINHOOD SECONDARY SHARES
Leading financial services firm for Millennials and doubled its Q2 2020 trading revenue from Q1 2020. I assume you all know what Robinhood does.
- ~$13 per share
- Recent Valuation: $8.6B valuation @ $12.5/ share
AIRBNB SECONDARY COMMON SHARES
Top vacation rental marketplace company and may have an IPO this year in 2020.
- $105 per share @ $31B valuation from three years ago
Any and all input is welcome, however, I, unfortunately, am not in the position to offer anybody here entry to this opportunity.
submitted by ShawShaw42
IOST | Building the infrastructure for a decentralized economy
Our mission is to be the underlying architecture for the future of online services. We are laying the foundation for an ultra-high TPS blockchain infrastructure, one that meets the security and scalability needs of a decentralized economy. For more questions, join our Telegram: https://t.me/officialios